What is Online Training?
In the digital age we can access almost everything through our computers and mobile devices. Doctor – no problem – there is an app for that (no…really, there is…). Order groceries – no problem… and on and on and on. And now with many live video options; such as, Skype, FaceTime, Zoom etc… On-line personal training is now a viable option.
When live on video we can have interactive coaching sessions where movement screening, form and technique coaching and programming reach another level.
With the opportunity to be “face-to-face” and become familiar with how you move and your specific needs I can program exercises that fit you both from a movement and technique perspective. This allows programming to fit you and your needs and your goals.
Online Training services
Are you trying to accomplish it all and not getting anywhere at all? Well – you now have access to a fitness source dedicated to achieving your goals with the right mix of strength, power, flexibility/mobility, and endurance.
Benefit from my 20+ years of fitness experience – We will work together to develop an individualized program based on accomplishing your goals with the right fitness mix, whether it is kettlebells, sandbags, barbell, bodyweight or any fitness medium.
Put it all together and succeed!
Applied Strength is your detailed map tailored to your ever-evolving program and needs.
Included in the program:
- Needs Analysis
- Skype Movement Screening Video Session
- Program Development
- Weekly Review – email review of weekly program progress
- Emails as needed
- Skype video Monthly Consultations
This is the next best thing to having me beside you for your training – all the support and guidance you need to target and achieve your goals.
$299 per month – Membership is limited in this level so secure your spot now!
A Needs Analysis is a detailed evaluation of where you have been, where you are, and where you want to be. We will have a thorough discussion through email and/or phone that will provide me with all the necessary information to tailor your program. This may include video analysis of either your lifting form or sports analysis.
Skype Movement Screening Video Session
Using the video function on Skype we will go through an FMS style screening process evaluating your fundamental movement efficiency. This will lay the foundation for your program. During the movement evaluation there will be certain movements that will require the implementation of corrective exercises and avoiding certain exercises. Through the Functional Movement Screen site we will create an “exercise menu” for you providing video and all the information you need to correct your weak links and make solid progress in your program.
This will be centered on achieving your goals. It will encompass your FMS corrective strategies and your exercise menu.
The tools used in the program will be dictated by your goals and what tools are available. If kettlebells are your “thing” then we can easily put together a program. If barbells are the weapon of choice then it will be a barbell centered program, or bodyweight, or sandbag…
And while we will center on the tools at your disposal, I may ask you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. Be prepared to benefit!!
Weekly Email Program Review
Just below you can read about your responsibilities in the program and one of those will be maintaining a training log that we will review each week through email. This is an essential step in the program and allows for consistent guidance and adjustment of your routine.
Emails as needed
If you have a question related to your workout or program? Then fire off that email.
I will respond within 24-48 hours unless traveling etc…
Skype Video Monthly Consultation
Once a month we will set up a day and time to have a Skype video session. This session can be a recheck of a “weak link” movement pattern or fine tuning form on an exercise. (up to an hour) These can also be broken into half hour sessions twice a month if that fits your needs better.
Your Responsibility in the Program
Once you sign up for an Applied Strength program and complete the Needs Analysis and Program Development you will be at the starting point. The path will be laid out before you and there will be regular updates and progressions. Your responsibility will be to keep a complete workout and food diary (if required) and adhere to the “Rules” of the program:
“Rules” of the Program:
- If it hurts you will not do it! “Pain” from an intense workout is a discomfort of effort and may be a part of the program – Pain from injury (joint or muscle) is unacceptable. If a suggested exercise “doesn’t feel right” or if you feel pain – you are to stop and email me immediately.
- You are asked to follow the suggested routine and refrain from adding your own mix of work to the equation. Even if the “Ultimate Bicep Routine” is released in this months “Feel the Burn – Fitness Mag”- do not add it to the routine unless we have discussed it and determined together that it will be of benefit to achieving your goals.
- You are required to keep and submit a Workout Journal – either a word document or on-line program easily accessed by me. Failure to do so will mean that you will not receive updates to your routine. You are accountable to the program – if you do your part then we will find success
- The only unanswered question will be the one you did not ask. You will be paying me for my knowledge – access it!
- I cannot cover all rules and situations that may arise during your program – so the email and/or phone consultations are our chance for clarity. There are no stupid questions – Only the question you did not ask.
What you may need for the program:
I may recommend certain products, DVDs, etc… as your program develops to meet your goals. Additional information can be essential and we will discuss any products needed for addressing concerns in your program.